Reflection and Meme for First Sunday of Advent. Romans 13:11-14.
Two big yet simple takeaways from Fr. McShane’s and also from Fr. Henehan’s homilies at St. Jude Parish in Dunlap (from the first Sunday of Advent) (I paraphrase and attempt to elaborate):
1. No matter where you are physically or spiritually in life – today is the present moment. Today is all that is guaranteed. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow hasn’t happened. So what you do today matters more than you realize.
2. No matter your worries, your sins, your doubts or anxieties, Jesus Christ has invited YOU to give everything to him. Give Jesus your joy and give Jesus your pain by surrendering completely to his love and mercy. Elise and I can testify that surrendering our worries really works (I.e. FultonJoseph.com). I digress:
3. Every moment of the day and every action is an opportunity to encounter Jesus Christ! Think about that. As with #1 and #2 above every second in the present is a chance to experience the love of Jesus. How do we do this?
How do we encounter Christ? Father McShane provided a simple prayer that everyone can say: “Come Lord Jesus.”
– when you are driving to work say (vocally or mentally) “Come Lord Jesus.”
– when you are taking care of others (like a spouse or kids for example) “Come Lord Jesus.”
– when you are about to undertake a challenge or even painful experience “Come Lord Jesus.”
– before a meeting “Come Lord Jesus.”
Invite Jesus Christ to be part of your daily life. Start with those simple words and see where it leads you. If you struggle with faith I promise you the seed is already there. You just need to water it!
4. Stay Awake. Basically any moment may be your last. Are you ready? “Brothers and sisters, you know the time; it is the hour now for you to awake from sleep.” See Romans 13:11-14.
By surrendering to Jesus Christ in all that we do (all our strengths, weaknesses and everything between) we will worry less about empty temporal matters and more on the promises of eternal life.
Thanks for reading. Royce Hood
Feel free to use the meme photo.
Check out St. Jude’s YouTube here: https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Fr. Frank Pavone interview with Royce Hood
Truth + Culture + Life Sidebar Episode with Royce Hood interviewing Fr. Frank Pavone In this interview you will hear important background information including ways you can learn more about the history from Father Pavone's perspective. Is Father Pavone disobedient or...
Host a Law of Life Summit!
For anyone every wanting to host a pro-life event but unsure how - here is an opportunity to bring a Law of Life Summit to your town or parish! The Summit has existed now for over 10 years! Using our proven system we can help create a program with great speakers...
October 2022 Event Schedule and Appearances
October Events and Appearances for Royce Hood. October 1: Barrington, IL October 9: Excelsior Springs, MO October 13: Peoria, IL October 30: Dallas, TX
Schaumburg Recap – First in-person gathering since Dobbs!
Schaumburg Recap / Briefing by Royce Hood The Law of Life Summit in Schaumburg was the first ever mega-Summit. Consisting of 2-jam-packed-days filled with workshops, panels and networking. We also produced the first ever Celebration of Life Dinner and Concert. Here...
Schaumburg Summit Makes History
Schaumburg | LawLife.org Pro-life leaders, lawyers and activists from around the country held the first ever Law of Life Summit in Schaumburg, Illinois (July 27-28, 2022). The so called Schaumburg Summit included a firehose session, panels, workshops, networking and...